Perimeter Medical Imaging AI is a medical technology company driven to transform cancer surgery with its ultra-high resolution imaging technology to achieve our mission of advancing the standard of care, improving patient outcomes, and reducing healthcare costs. Our ultra-high-resolution, real-time, advanced imaging tools address areas of high unmet medical need.
With headquarters in Toronto, Canada and U.S. headquarters in Dallas, Texas, Perimeter Medical Imaging (TSXV:PINK)(FSE:4PC) has launched the next generation of imaging technology that allow surgeons to visualize microscopic tissue structures with unparalleled clarity in the operating room.
As a Senior Software Developer your main area of responsibility will be the development, testing and release of software for an intraoperative medical imaging device. As a Senior Software Developer of medical device software, you will be expected to own and drive software projects from a holistic perspective, ensuring that solutions are developed, documented, and implemented according to medical software processes and standards such as IEC 62304. Day-to-day activities will include coding, code reviews, testing, and documentation, all while staying in the loop cross-functionally with multiple teams to ensure proposed solutions meet or exceed customer requirements and fit with the expected intra-operative workflow of the device.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain software solutions for existing and future products
- Participate in software code reviews
- Assess software quality through manual and automated testing
- Developing robust interfaces between software and hardware components
- Report and document technical issues
- Coordinate with multiple teams to develop requirements, design, implement and test solutions
- Work closely with other team members to ensure architectural integrity and product quality
- Provide input and assistance to optimize the performance of the system
- Document design history as required by the software development lifecycle framework for
- Proactively improve processes for product development and manufacturing
- Research and recommend appropriate application development best practices and tools
- Provide local and remote application support to clinical end-users
- Other tasks as assigned.
Minimum five (5) years of software development experience
Proficiency in C++, C#
Ability to learn new technologies independently and quickly
Bachelor’s degree or Technical Diploma in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS:
Experience in software development for an FDA regulated medical device
Industry experience with DICOM images and PACS systems
Development experience with Qt framework and/or QML
Development experience with SQL databases
Comfortable using Git or similar source code versioning tools
Strong familiarity with IEC 62304 development methodology
Great communication skills, both verbal and written
Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects / assignments simultaneously
Honesty, integrity, and a strong desire to succeed
Experience working in a small team or start-up environment
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Does this look like a good fit for you?
Tell us more…
To apply for this role, please email us your resume and (optional) cover letter with “Senior Software Developer” in the subject line to: [email protected]
Perimeter Medical Imaging AI is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Perimeter welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.Return to Careers Page